Hi

Postby Adamant » Fri Oct 04, 2013 9:49 pm

Hi,

Couldn't find anywhere to say hi so though I'd pop a quick post in here.

I've always loved the thought of long-distance autonomous vehicles. Be that an aircraft (arduplane / copter and not going to happen due to CAA rules!) or on the water!

Keeping up to date with SCOUT and seeing it's progress under solar power makes me think that a sailboat really is the way to go - sailboats have managed crossings of the Atlantic in just a few days before and, whilst it's foolish to think a group of amateurs with an autonomous vessel could come close to that, I think it would still knock a load off the time of a solar boat!

I'm a .NET developer by day who's had to do bits on Arduino in the past and I like writing socket communications code.

I see this project has been at a standstill for a little while but if there's anything I can help with in the code or anything then I'd love to help! :)

Adam
Adamant

Re: Hi

Postby nathan » Sat Oct 12, 2013 10:47 am

Hi Adam,

Welcome to autonboat!

As you rightly pointed out the project has come to a stand still recently, things in my personal life have had to take priority. New job, organising a wedding and buying a house has left me with not a lot of time or money.

Rest assured though that i certainly haven't cancelled the project and it will succeed!

Certainly happy to have you on board! hehe

Nathan
nathan
Site Admin

Re: Hi

Postby Cowboybob » Sat Oct 12, 2013 1:54 pm

Hey, Adam.

As you can see, Autonboat is a work in p r o g r e s s... 8-)

One notable difference (in the rules being followed for Autonboat's design and voyage) is that there are no two-way comms allowed. Only comms out.

Scout, apparently, does (or did, anyway) allow two-way comms since, best I can tell from the posts, a second position transmitter was activated (or could be).

Once launched, Autonboat will (and must) be well and truly autonomous.

CBB
Cowboybob

Return to Other