Hello Nathan

Postby Cowboybob » Sun Aug 12, 2012 4:38 pm

Nathan,

Just checking in.

ETO should be a good site for help on your electrical/electronic/digital/mechanical projects. There are a number of very experienced members.

Bob
Cowboybob

Re: Hello Nathan

Postby nathan » Mon Aug 13, 2012 8:07 am

Cowboybob wrote:Nathan,

Just checking in.

ETO should be a good site for help on your electrical/electronic/digital/mechanical projects. There are a number of very experienced members.

Bob

Hello Corboy,

I've already made a post over there, so far nobody seem's interested in taking a role on the that side of things. I'm sure they'll still answer any questions though, they seem like a nice bunch.
nathan
Site Admin

Postby Cowboybob » Mon Aug 13, 2012 6:47 pm

What sort of a role did you have in mind?
Cowboybob

Postby Sparkicidal » Mon Aug 13, 2012 7:40 pm

ETO = Electronics Technology Office?
Sparkicidal

Postby nathan » Mon Aug 13, 2012 8:17 pm

Cowboybob wrote:What sort of a role did you have in mind?

My electronic skill's aren't the best! lol was hoping for someone to help out with the planning/best practices etc.

Spark www.electro-tech-online.com is an online forum for all things electronics.
nathan
Site Admin

Postby Cowboybob » Tue Aug 14, 2012 6:17 pm

Nathan,

I'd be glad to offer whatever expertise I have that may be of use.

I spent 7 years in the USN using, repairing and calibrating electronics (Radar, radio, sonar, sensors, etc., inside and outside the hulls) of nuclear submarines back in the late 60's early 70's.

The technology has, of course, changed enormously since then, but the business of seawater and electronics incapability has not.

And I'm relatively current on state of the art (analog and digital) but I also know when to direct questions to others with a deeper understanding of a particular concept (to a large extent, I mean my compatriots at ETO).

Just so there's no misunderstanding, I have my doubts about the success of your undertaking but, what a hoot it would be to have helped in such an endeavor if it were to succeed :shock:.

Bob
Cowboybob

Postby nathan » Tue Aug 14, 2012 6:59 pm

Cowboybob wrote:Nathan,

I'd be glad to offer whatever expertise I have that may be of use.

I spent 7 years in the USN using, repairing and calibrating electronics (Radar, radio, sonar, sensors, etc., inside and outside the hulls) of nuclear submarines back in the late 60's early 70's.

The technology has, of course, changed enormously since then, but the business of seawater and electronics incapability has not.

And I'm relatively current on state of the art (analog and digital) but I also know when to direct questions to others with a deeper understanding of a particular concept (to a large extent, I mean my compatriots at ETO).

Just so there's no misunderstanding, I have my doubts about the success of your undertaking but, what a hoot it would be to have helped in such an endeavor if it were to succeed :shock:.

Bob

that's great news :)

I've thought a lot about the whole "not succeeding thing", i.e watching all my money and everyone's time sail away never to be seen again! But as you say, if it was successful we'd be the very first!
nathan
Site Admin

Return to Other